Following are the best Best Career Options after B.Tech in Civil Engineering:
1. Post Graduate Program in Construction Project Management
In order to thrive in today’s job market, job oriented skills and practical knowledge are necessary. Post Graduate Program in Construction Project Management is the best course you can do after completing your B.Tech in Civil Engineering. It will not only equip you with the job oriented skills and practical knowledge but also enhance your pay scale, even if you join as a fresher.
The key highlights of Post Graduate Program in Construction Project Management at Apaha Institute of Construction Project Management are:
- International Accreditation
- Expert Faculty
- Industry Oriented Pedagogy
- Site Visits
- Paid Internships
- Placement Assistance
If you pursue PG Diploma in Construction Project Management after B.Tech, you get better job with better payscale.
2. M.Tech or M.E.
After B.Tech in Civil Engineering you can go for M.Tech or M.E. in Civil Engineering with a specialization of your choice. Post graduation will give you better opportunities as a civil engineer and you can get placed at a higher position in organisational hierarchy. If you have interest in teaching, you can also start your career in academics as an Assistant Professor after completing your M. Tech or M.E.. There are multiple specialisations available for post graduation in civil engineering:
- Structural Engineering
- Construction Management
- Environment Engineering
- Geo-technical Engineering
- Hydraulics and Water Resources Engineering
- Traffic and Transportation Engineering
- Water Resource Engineering
- Geo-informatics Engineering
3. Start an internship or job in civil engineering
After completing B.Tech in Civil Engineering generally you have to first undergo internship for a certain period of time in a construction company. Based on your specialisation and your area of interest you can apply for internships or jobs after completing B.Tech. in civil engineering. For internship or job you can take help of your college campus placements or online job portals. However, the smart choice would be to pursue PG Diploma in Construction Project Management that includes paid internship and placement assistance.
4. Job in Public sector Undertakings (PSUs)
After completing B.Tech. in civil engineering you can also apply for PSU’s. Nowadays jobs in PSUs are mainly dependent on GATE score. However, some Government departments such as Department of Atomic Energy etc also conduct their own exams for recruitment.
Some of the major Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) hiring Civil Engineering Graduates are:
- NTPC – National Thermal Power Corporation Limited
- ISRO – Indian Space Research Organisation
- BHEL – Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
- HAL – Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
- ONGC – Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited
- SAIL – Steel Authority of India Limited
- GAIL – Gas Authority of India Limited
- BSNL – Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
- IOCL – Indian Oil Corporation
5. Government Exams
After completing B.Tech. in civil engineering you can go for IES (Indian Engineering Services). You can also go for CSIR fellowship. State Public work departments (PWD) as well as other engineering departments have regular recruitment drives for civil engineering graduates.
6. M.S. in Civil Engineering in Abroad
After completing B.Tech. in civil engineering you can study aspects of design, development, implementation, and construction of buildings or structures. Masters in Civil Engineering is offered by a large number of universities abroad. High employability and international placement potential makes MS in civil engineering abroad one of the highly sought after programs.
For more information about Masters in Civil Engineering abroad, visit https://apah.org.in/all-you-need-to-know-about-masters-in-civil-engineering-abroad/
After completing B.Tech. in civil engineering you can even launch your career as an entrepreneur. With adequate knowledge, experience and capital, you can start your own business in the fields such as:
- Project Planner
- Civil Contractor and Sub-Contractor
- Project Management Consultant
- Quantity Surveyor
- Material Supplier
- Labour Contractor
- Real Estate Marketing Agent