Most of the time, students and freshers are worried about how to make a resume with no experience at all. Well, you need not worry, because a resume with no work experience could be different from a normal resume, but it’s not impossible. In this article, we will discuss how to make an effective fresher resume.
Basic issues in fresher resume
The core issue in writing a fresher resume is that a resume should be a useful document to its readers, therefore you must provide relevant and concise information in your resume.
Every prospective employer has its own specific criteria w.r.t. a job position. Therefore, it is important that you address such criteria in full. Because, if you don’t adhere to such criteria, computer screening can discard your application.
An all-purpose resume is not ideal. While your basic information remains the same in different versions of your resume, but you’ll need to modify your resume for different employers.
In order to frame your resume for a particular employer, you can research the employer’s business and try to get as much information as possible about the job position. By doing so, you can save yourself from some major blunders and you will also have very useful information.
Quality is important not quantity. When it comes to the amount of text, this should be your mantra. Sticking to the solid facts without unnecessary adornments is important.
Formatting your resume
It should be easy to read. Try to think from the reader’s perspective.
To split your resume into segments, use dedicated sections (not just headers). It will help the reader to focus on specific information, like qualifications, etc.
Be professional, look professional. Make sure that your resume has a professional look. You can use a different color to break up your sections.
Give adequate space for your information. Don’t try to cram the information into spaces that are way too small.
There is no fixed format for fresher resumes apart from the obvious baseline information which is required. In case, if you have some significant information, such as an internship or project relevant to the application, include it in your resume.
Basic fresher resume layout
- Name and contact header- Use a large standard font.
- Career objectives- Optional. But keep it original, brief and clear, if included.
- Qualifications- Write down relevant information. Providing all the required information and clearly define your skill sets w.r.t. application requirements. In order to get through the computer screening, use the same keywords as the job criteria.
- Practical skills- Nowadays, it has become one of the most common requirements for many employers. For example, in the process of hiring fresher civil engineering candidates, employers are looking for skills such as quantity surveying, project billing, project planning, e-tendering, MS-Excel, etc. You can explore our workshops and training programs to acquire these skills from the experts.
- Relevant practical experience- Projects, internships, related academic work (if applicable), plays a vital role in shaping your resume. In order to give a hands-on experience to our students, we at Apaha Trainers and Consultants have included paid internships as a part of our training programs.
- Achievements- Clearly define your achievements, especially the ones relevant to the job position.
- Certifications- Certifications acts as a catalyst in the process of your recruitment, especially in the case of freshers. Certifications, state a particular level of quality and knowledge a candidate might be carrying with himself/herself. However, it is crucial to check the accreditations. For example, at Apaha Trainers and Consultants, our certifications are accredited by:
- International Accreditation Service (IAS)
- International Accreditation Forum (IAF)
- Emirates International Accreditation Center (EIACI)
One of the common, as well as a fatal mistake with any resume, is sending the employer a ghastly prepared, incomplete, last-minute resume, which you have completed at 3 AM. A resume that is made in such a way winds up in the trash.
- No typing errors?
- All employer criteria addressed?
- Looks good?
- Includes all high-value information of yours?
You’re ready to go.
How to make an effective fresher resume? How to make an effective fresher resume? How to make an effective fresher resume? How to make an effective fresher resume? How to make an effective fresher resume? How to make an effective fresher resume? How to make an effective fresher resume? How to make an effective fresher resume? How to make an effective fresher resume?