All You Need to Know About Masters in Civil Engineering Abroad
Hello everyone, hope you are doing well. As the world is getting unlocked and the normalcy is getting established, students are looking forward to explore options to study abroad. In this article titled ‘All You Need to Know About Masters in Civil Engineering Abroad’, we are answering some key questions related to Masters in Civil Engineering Abroad.
What is Masters in Civil Engineering?
Masters in Civil Engineering refers to a post graduate course in civil engineering in which students study aspects of design, development, implementation, and construction of buildings or structures. Masters in Civil Engineering is designed to give in-depth knowledge on the subject over and above the curriculum studied at the graduation level. Masters in Civil Engineering is offered by a large number of universities in India as well as abroad. The advanced level knowledge and practical learning imbibed by students on the aspects of design, development, implementation, and construction of buildings or structures during Masters in Civil Engineering gives students an upper hand in their career as civil engineer. High employability and international placement potential makes MS in civil engineering one of the highly sought after programs.
Is it worth doing MS in Civil Engineering Abroad? (What are the Advantages of doing Masters in Civil Engineering Abroad?)
- Availability of desired course combination in civil engineering
- Getting through the limited number of seats in top colleges in India
- World-class faculty and research driven teaching-learning environment
- Access to state-of-the-art university campuses and infrastructure
- Globally recognised working degree
- Opportunity to practice civil engineering in a foreign country and a chance to settle abroad after completion of MS in Civil Engineering
- Availability of scholarships and education loans
What are the course details of Masters in Civil Engineering Abroad?
- The postgraduate level programs in civil engineering are most often available at universities across the world as:
- Masters in Science in Civil Engineering (M.Sc. in Civil Engineering)
- Masters of Engineering in Civil Engineering (M.E. in Civil Engineering)
- Online programs are also available for Masters in Civil Engineering (MS in Civil Engineering), but considering the nature of the program and the involvement of practical learning, full time offline programs are generally preferred by students as well as recruiters.
- Universities offer specialised subjects in the field of civil engineering in their masters program
What is the Duration of Masters in Civil Engineering Abroad?
- The duration of Masters in Civil Engineering Abroad is either 1 or 2 years
What is the Syllabus of Masters in Civil Engineering Abroad?
Masters in Civil Engineering Abroad covers a wide variety of topics relevant to the specialisation you choose, including the following:
- Constructional Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Materials
- Transportation Safety
- Environmental Engineering
- Foundation Design
- Physical Hydrology
- Pipe System Engineering
- Soil Mechanics
What are the Specialisations available for pursuing MS in Civil Engineering Abroad?
MS in Civil Engineering Abroad is offered in various specialisations of civil engineering, such as:
- Construction management
- Quantity surveying
- Structural engineering
- Transportation engineering
- Geotechnical engineering
- Architectural engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Hydraulic engineering
- Town planning
What are the Application Requirements for Pursuing Masters in Civil Engineering Abroad?
Application Requirements for Pursuing Masters in Civil Engineering Abroad are as follows:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree from any recognised university
- Entrance exam: GRE and GMAT (subject to country/university)
- English Proficiency test: TOEFL, IELTS or PTE
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Admission Essay
Why Internship is Important for Students Planning to Pursue MS in Civil Engineering Abroad?
Work experience plays a critical role for students planning to pursue MS in Civil Engineering Abroad. Internships add value in your application and it also gives you the confidence to handle challenging tasks and assignments while pursuing Masters in Civil Engineering Abroad. Click here to know more about Role of Internship for Students Planning to Pursue MS in Civil Engineering Abroad.
Which country is best for Masters (MS) in Civil Engineering?
- United States of America
- United Kingdom
Which is the Best University for Masters in Civil Engineering?
Following are some of the Best universities for MS in Civil Engineering:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), United States of America
- University of Melbourne, Australia
- Stanford University, United States of America
- Braunschweig University of Technology, Germany
- University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- National University of Singapore, Singapore
- University of Bolton, United Kingdom
- University of Ottawa, Canada
- Dresden University of Technology, Germany
- Ryerson University, Canada
- Monash University, Australia
What are the Top 10 Highest Paying Countries for Civil Engineers?
After pursuing MS in Civil Engineering Abroad, you literally open doors for your high flying carer in civil engineering. Your globally recognised working degree enables you to apply in top highest paying countries for civil engineering. Click here to know more about Top 10 Highest Paying Countries for Civil Engineers.
Are Certifications and Workshops useful for civil engineering students going for MS abroad? (How Apaha is beneficial for students going for MS abroad?)
At Apaha Trainers and Consultants we offer internationally accredited Post Graduate Program in Construction Project Management, that provides learning by expert faculty, industry oriented pedagogy, site visits, paid internships, and placement assistance.
Apaha is beneficial for students going for MS and Jobs abroad, in the many ways such as:
- To become a skillful visionary Civil Engineer as per current industry standards
- To equip with the knowledge of various drawings and measurements
- To be proficient in BOQ preparation, Quantity Surveying, Estimation, Billing and Project Planning
- To be able to prepare various documents, checklists and compliance at site
In this way, Certifications and Workshops are useful for Civil Engineering students going for doing their MS and working abroad. The certifications and workshops in Civil Engineering work as a practical support system and help in enhancing your employ ability, whether you are working as an intern or when you get your final placement.